Skip to content
- A. Sisto and C. Kamath, “Ensemble Feature Selection in Scientific Data Analysis,” LLNL Technical Report, LLNL-TR-644160, September 2013.
- C. Kamath and Y. J. Fan, “Data Mining in Materials Science and Engineering,” book chapter in Informatics for Materials Science and Engineering: Data-driven Discovery for Accelerated Experimentation and Application, K. Rajan (Ed.), pp 17-36, Elsevier, 2013.
- W. E. King, H. Barth, V. Castillo, G. Gallegos, J. Gibbs, D. Hahn, and C.Kamath, “Observation of Keyhole mode laser melting in laser powder-bed fusion additive manufacturing,”International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, Austin, August 2013.
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, Detecting changes in weather data streams for wind energy prediction,” SIAM Annual Meeting, San Diego, July 2013
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “Determining number of motifs in wind generation time series data,” SIAM Annual Meeting, San Diego, July 2013.
- C. Kamath, “Data analysis meets modeling and simulation,” presentation, Future Directions Panel on “Big Data Meets Big Models”, SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Boston, February, 2013.
- C. Kamath and Y. J. Fan, “Finding motifs in wind generation time series data,” International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, Boca Raton, December 12-15, 2012.
- M. Ndoye and C. Kamath, “A block-based MC-SURE algorithms for denoising sensor data streams”, LLNL Technical Report LLNL-TR-603554, November 2012.
- M. Ndoye and C. Kamath, “Extending MC-SURE to denoise sensor data streams,” Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Monterey, CA, November 4-7, 2012 .
- J. Iverson, Y. J. Fan, G. Karypis, C. Kamath, “Exa-DM: Enabling Scientific Discovery in Exascale Simulations, ” poster and presentation at the DOE Exascale Research Conference, October 2012.
- C. Kamath, “Dimension reduction for streaming data,” book chapter in Data Intensive Computing: Architectures, Algorithms, and Applications, Ian Gorton and Deb Gracio, editors, Cambridge University Press, 2012, pp 124-156.
- C. Kamath and Y. J. Fan, “Using Data Mining to Enable Integration of Wind Resources on the Power Grid,” Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, Volume 5, Issue 5, October 2012, pp 410-427.
- C. Kamath, “Final report: MINDES – Data Mining for Inverse Design,” Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Technical report LLNL-TR-583076, September 2012.
- C. Kamath, “Analysis of the formation enthalpy dataset,” Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Technical report LLNL-TR-582974, September 2012.
- C. Kamath, “Analysis of the band gap type dataset,” Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Technical report LLNL-TR-577712, August 2012.
- J. Iverson, C. Kamath, G. Karypis, “Fast and effective lossy compression algorithms for scientific datasets,” Euro-Par Conference, Rhodes Island, Greece, August 27-31, 2012.
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “A Heuristic for the Local Region Covering Problem”, 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Programming, Berlin, Germany. August 19-24, 2012.
- C. Kamath, “A data deluge in April,” SIAM News, July/August 2012.
- C. Kamath, “Sensors, sensors, everywhere …”, 2012 Math Awareness Month article, April 2012
- C. Kamath, J. Iverson, R. Kirk, and G. Karypis, “Detection of Coherent Structures in Extreme-Scale Simulations,” DOE Exascale Research Conference, Portland, Oregon, Apr 16- 18, 2012
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “A comparison of dimensionality reduction techniques in scientific applications,” SIAM Conference on Uncertainty Quantification, Raleigh, North Carolina, April 2-4, 2012
- C. Kamath, “Scientific data mining techniques for extracting information from simulations,” SIAM Conference on Uncertainty Quantification, Raleigh, North Carolina, April 2-4, 2012
- C. Kamath, “On the role of data mining techniques in uncertainty quantification,” International Journal of Uncertainty Quantification, Volume2, Number 1, pp 73-94, 2012.
- J. Manobianco, E. J. Natenberg, K. Waight, G. Van Knowe, J. Zack, D. Hanley, C. Kamath, “Limited area model-based data impact studies to improve short-range wind power forecasting,” 16th Symposium on Integrated Observing and Assimilation Systems for the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Land Surface (IOAS-AOLS), AMS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, January 2012.
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath.“ Intrinsic Dimensionality Using Non-linear Dimension Reduction Techniques”. Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, November 13-16, 2011.
- C. Kamath, “WindSENSE Project Summary: FY2009-2011,” LLNL Technical Report, LLNL-TR-501376, September 2011.
- J. Zack, E. J. Natenberg, G. V. Knowe, K. Waight, J. Manobianco, D. Hanley, C. Kamath, Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs) for the mid-Columbia Basin,” LLNL Technical Report LLNL-TR-499162, September 2011.
- J. Zack, E. J. Natenberg, G. V. Knowe, J. Manobianco, K. Waight, D. Hanley, C. Kamath, “Use of data denial experiments to evaluate ESA forecast sensitivity patterns,” LLNL technical Report, LLNL-TR-499166, September 2011.
- M. Ndoye and C. Kamath, “Pattern analysis in wind power time – early results,” poster, Conference on Intelligent Data Understanding, Mountain View, October 2011.
- C. Kamath, “On the role of data mining techniques in uncertainty quantification”, Invited plenary talk at the USA/South America Symposium on Stochastic Modeling and Uncertainty Quantification, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 1-5, 2011.
- C. Kamath and O. Hurricane, “Robust extraction of statistics from images of material fragmentation,” International Journal of Image and Graphics, Volume 11, Issue 3, pp 377-401, July 2011.
- C. Kamath, “Subspace tracking for dimension reduction in streaming data,” SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Reno, February 28-March 4, 2011.
- C. Kamath, “Associating Weather Conditions with Ramp Events in Wind Power Generation,” 2011 IEEE PES Power Systems Conference & Exposition, Phoenix, Arizona, March 20 – 23, 2011.
- E. J. Natenberg, S. Young, G. Van Knowe, J. Zack, J. Manobianco, C. Kamath, “Observational Targeting Using Ensemble Sensitivity Analysis to Improve Short-Term Wind Power Forecasting in the Mid-Columbia Basin,” Second Conference on Weather, Climate, and the New Energy Economy, AMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, January 23-27, 2011.