Skip to content
- W. A. Dawson, M. D. Schneider, and C. Kamath, “Blind Detection of Ultra-faint Streaks with a Maximum Likelihood Method,” AMOS Conference, September 2016.
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “A comparison of compressed sensing and sparse recovery algorithms applied to simulation data,” Statistics, Optimization, and Information Computing, Vol. 4, Issue 3, September 2016, pp 194-213. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.19139/soic.v4i3.207
- Ya Ju Fan and Chandrika Kamath, “Detecting ramp events in wind energy generation using affinity evaluation on weather data,”, Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, Volume 9, issue 3, June 2016, pages 155–173. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sam.11308
- C.Kamath, “Data Mining and Statistical Inference in Selective Laser Melting”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 86, Issue 5, pp 1659–1677, September 2016. Appeared online 11 January, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-015-8289-2
- W. E. King, A. T. Anderson, R. M. Ferencz, N. E. Hodge, C. Kamath, S. A. Khairallah, A. Rubenchik, “Laser powder bed fusion additive manufacturing of metals; physics, computational, and materials challenges,” Applied Physics Reviews, 2, 041304 (2015); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4937809.
- C. Kamath, “On the use of data mining to build high-density, additively-manufactured parts,” invited book chapter, Information Science for Materials Discovery and Design, T. Lookman, F. Alexander, and K. Rajan (eds.) in Springer Series in Materials Science, 225, pp 141-155, 2016.
- C. Kamath, “Data Mining and Analysis”, invited contribution, Princeton Companion to Applied Mathematics, Princeton University Press, pp 350-360, September 2015.
- C. Kamath “Identifying process parameters for high-density 316L SS by combining simulations and experiments using data mining,” Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, Austin, TX, Aug. 10-12, 2015.
- W. King, A. T. Anderson, R. M. Ferencz, N. E. Hodge, C. Kamath, S. A. Khairallah, “Overview of modelling and simulation of metal powder–bed fusion process at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory,” Materials Science and Technology, Materials Science and Technology, Volume 31, Issue 8, June 2015, pp 957-968. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1179/1743284714Y.0000000728
- C. Kamath, “Data mining and statistical inference in selective laser melting,”, Invited presentation, International Symposium on Big Data and Predictive Computational Modeling, TU Munich, May 18-21, 2015.
- J. Iverson, C. Kamath, and G. Karypis, Evaluation of connected-component labeling algorithms for distributed-memory systems, Parallel Computing, Vol. 44, May 2015, Pages 53-68. doi:10.1016/j.parco.2015.02.005
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “Practical considerations in applying compressed sensing to simulation data,” Data Compression Conference, Utah, April 2015.
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath, “Identifying and Exploiting Diurnal Motifs in Wind Generation Time Series Data,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence , Vol 29, Number 2, 1550012-1 – 1550012-25, March 2015. Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218001415500123
- Y. J. Fan and C. Kamath. “On the Selection of Dimension Reduction Techniques for Scientific Applications,” in Real World Data Mining Application, Springer Annals of Information Systems,Volume 17, pp 91-122, 2015.
- C. Kamath and Y. J. Fan, “Incremental SVD for Insight into Wind Generation,” 13-th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Detroit, Dec 3-6, 2014.
- C. Kamath, “Mining Science Data: Challenges and Opportunities,” Computer Science and Engineering Colloquium, University of Nevada, Reno, October 2014.
- Wayne E. King, Holly D. Barth, Victor M. Castillo, Gilbert F. Gallegos, John W. Gibbs, Douglas E. Hahn, Chandrika Kamath, and Alexander M. Rubenchik, “Observation of keyhole-mode laser melting in laser powder-bed fusion additive manufacturing,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 214 (2014), pp. 2915-2925 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2014.06.005
- Chandrika Kamath, Bassem El-dasher, Gilbert F. Gallegos, Wayne E. King, and Aaron Sisto, “Density of additively-manufactured, 316L SS parts using laser powder-bed fusion at powers up to 400 W,”. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. Volume 74, Issue 1 (2014), Page 65-78.
- C. Kamath, “Data Mining in Materials Science,” invited presentation, Informatics in Materials Design and Discovery conference, Santa Fe, Feb 5-6, 2014.
- C. Kamath, “The evolution of SDM, A premier data mining conference”, SIAM News, January 2014.